Commenting, Mr Stevenson said:
“Postmen and women do such an important job at this time of year. I’d like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.”
Peter Grant, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Fraserburgh said:
“Our people do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts. And as usual, we’d like to remind our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings!”
The recommended last posting dates for mail are:
- Thursday 20 December for 1st Class items
- Tuesday 18 December for 2nd Class items
- Saturday 22 December for Special Delivery items
- Wednesday 5 December for airmail to Asia, Far East, Australia and New Zealand
- Friday 7 December for airmail to South & Central America, the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East
- Monday 10 December for airmail to Eastern Europe, the USA, Canada and Japan
- Wednesday 12 December for airmail items to Western Europe
- Use a 1st Class stamp! – Post 1st Class for just 60p and have your Christmas card delivered the next day – anywhere in the UK.
- Post early! – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early. The last posting dates this Christmas are: December 18 for 2nd Class mail; December 20 for 1st Class mail; December 22 for Special Delivery.
- Use a postcode! – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery!– For valuable packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.