ShareThis

.

.

Karen Adam is now the MSP for Banffshire and Buchan Coast

This web site will no longer be updated save to correct errors.


24 April 2007

Stevenson's Comedy Turn Helps Local Village Hall

One good (comic) turn led to another for Forglen Hall who are benefiting to the tune of £100 from the comedy efforts of MSPs.

Last month, the Stand Comedy Club in Edinburgh invited a number of MSPs to perform a stand-up routine in advance of the election for their patrons. Each was offered a £100 fee and Stewart Stevenson nominated the Friends of Forglen Hall as a worthy cause to receive his fee.

Speaking at Forglen where he took time out from election campaigning to present the cheque to members of the Hall Committee, Stewart Stevenson said:

"It was an interesting experience and I'm pleased that I accepted the invitation to take part in it. However, I don't think I'll be pursuing a career as a professional comedian.

"I was pleased to nominate Forglen Hall as a worthy recipient of the fee which I was offered for taking to the stage for a modest amount of time late one evening.

"I know that the Hall Committee are very pro-active with their activities ranging from Doric Concerts to Christmas Fairs so I'm delighted to be able to help them in this way."

Stewart Stevenson
does not gather, use or
retain any cookie data.

However Google who publish for us, may do.
fiosZS is a name registered in Scotland for Stewart Stevenson
www.blogger.com www.ourblogtemplates.com


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP